Board of Fire Commissioners
The Board of Fire Commissioners is a five-member government who manages the Greenfield Fire District. Below you will find a picture of each Greenfield Fire District Commissioner and a brief description of their roles on the Board. You can learn more about what a Fire Commissioner’s duties are in the duties section. Additional questions regarding the Greenfield Fire District Commissioners may be forwarded via the contact section.
Michael Chandler, Chairman
Mike joined the Porter Corners fire company in 1997. He served as Lieutenant, Captain and Assistant Chief, as well as a
member of Porter Corners Board of Directors before being elected to a five year term as Commissioner in December 2010. Mike is also an EMT.
Mike is a lifelong resident of the Town of Greenfield and a graduate of Saratoga Springs High School. He has worked in the construction field for over 30 years and is currently a superintendent for a local construction company. Mike has also run M.D. Chandler Trucking for over 15 years.
Mike took over the duties as Chairman of the Board of Fire Commissioners from February 2015 through December 2016, is currently the Commissioner in charge of EMS, and oversees fire prevention and uniforms.
Mike truly enjoys being a volunteer firefighter and EMT, and when time allows, he likes to hunt as well.
Jack Sadousky, Vice Chairman
If you would like to contact Commissioner Sadousky, you can leave a message at the District Office
John “Jack” King
Jack is a resident of Greenfield Center and a retired Lieutenant of the Saratoga Springs Police Department. He is also a former NYS Division of Criminal Justice adjunct instructor and former member of the Saratoga
Springs Planning Board. Jack has been a member of the Fire District for 26 years, and has held all company firematic officer positions at Middle Grove Co #3 firehouse, including 1st Assistant Chief. He is currently the Company Treasurer and a Safety Officer. Jack is former member of the NYS Office of Fire Prevention & Control adjunct instructor as well as a former member of the Saratoga County Fire Advisory Board.
George is a resident of Middle Grove, and enjoying retirement from retail management. He is member of Middle Grove Co #3 where he is currently serving as Company President. He likes to be on the water, ride his bike and hike, as well as attempting to grow grass in his yard. He is a cancer survivor, and encourages everyone to go to Bethematch.org and enroll. You might save a life!
Jay Ellsworth joined the Greenfield Fire District in 1975 as a junior member, and has been a Chief Officer since 2006.
Fire District Staff
Joyce Petkus, District Administrator/Treasurer
Joyce was appointed District Secretary of the fire district in the Fall of 2005, and her responsibilities have evolved greatly since then.
In 2014, her title was changed to District Administrator to more accurately reflect her continuously changing responsibilities.
Joyce’s primary responsibilities include the following:
- serves as the fire district Records Management Officer (RMO).
- receives and processes all FOIL (Freedom of Information Requests),
- attends and takes notes at all meetings of the Board of Fire Commissioners,
- handles most correspondence regarding district functions, including publishing of legal ads, annual/special elections, public hearing notices,
- Oversees the District LOSAP program,
- Manages day to day operations of the fire district.
In October 2014 Joyce took on the additional responsibility as Treasurer for the fire district, with duties that include:
- being the fiscal officer of the fire district,
- receive and have the custody of the funds of the district,
- responsible for payment of salaries, compensation & benefits of district employees, as well as payment and form filings of Federal and State employment taxes,
- pay the principal of or interest on obligations issued by the fire district,
- additionally manage and track all monies of the fire district,
- oversee the State mandated annual District audit.
- actively participates in the annual budget process.
Joyce holds a Bachelor’s degree from Hofstra University in Business Management and has over fifteen years of office managerial experience as well as ten years of experience in the Medical Transcription field.
Don Ranck, Station Keeper
Deidre Chandler, Operations Secretary